Friday, August 26, 2011

open letter

To the random Guatemalan men from this morning:

I did notice the catcalls, the kissy faces and the whistles.
I was not asking for the attention.
But your brazen behavior did make me chuckle. 
So thanks for that on this beautiful Friday morning.

Regards,
Antoinette

ps. My sister says this is only because I look like a "tall-ish" Guatemalteca.
pps. An expat friend who lives in Guate says this is only because I look "gringa-ish" and/or "female-ish."

-----

Currently playing:
Holst's "Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity" from The Planets Suite. Do yourself a favor and listen to the theme that starts at 3:05. goosebumps and chills. It brings back memories of when my senior year high school orchestra played this piece at Carnegie Hall. Has it really been 10 years?



4 comments:

Yen said...

ah i remember listening to the recording from Carnegie when you guys played. chills!

pooj and jess said...

Way to perpetuate the stereotype. Couldn't you have found a clip of white people playing string instruments?!

JDo said...

Nice way to end the week, sitting in my office and listening to orchestra music :)

gradydoctor said...

"female-ish?" yikes.