Wednesday, August 31, 2011

move | eat | learn

Excerpt from my personal statement for my residency application:
My travels have taken me all over the world from Bolivia to Iceland to East Africa. There are essentially two ways I explore a new city for the first time: by sweeping and by stepping. Sweeping comes first. I hop on a bus tour or hire a guide in order to get an overall sense of its history and culture. Stepping takes more time and effort, but this is how I truly get to know a city. It’s important to walk among the locals: eat where they eat, do what they do, step where they step. 
And man oh man, these 3 videos truly capture the beauty of travel: simple and true.
Move.
Eat.
Learn.


ps. Sincerest thanks to my numerous editors and sounding-boards- couldn't have done it without yall!

1 comment:

Jinna said...

I obviously LOVE this entry. ;)