Sunday, August 16, 2009

(500) days of summer

It's almost Labor Day but I feel like summer just began. A few reasons why it mustn't end:

1. Sensation of hot sunshine on bare shoulders
2. Blasting Beyonce's "Halo" every morning on morning commute
3. Grilled peaches and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert
4. Summer ale on my patio
5. Summer ale on any restaurant/bar outdoor patio
6. Grilled meat
8.
Impromptu poolside lounging
9. Impromptu shopping sprees

10. Anticipation of fall right 'round the corner
11.
Seeing sunlight when I wake up and when I leave clinic/hospital
12.
Sleeping in a muggy apartment with only a whirring fan on bare skin
13. Driving with the windows down and blasting Beyonce's "Halo" (sorry, I
just ♥ that song)

Clearly, the list wasn't going to continue until 500 nor are there actually 500 days in a summer (what a silly but lovely movie).
And besides, summer is a state of being, not a season defined by a solstice and an equinox. It ain't over til it's over, son. And in a week, I'm off to reunite with J-Yun
and to return to the city I so dearly love and adore: Chicago. Chi-city in the summer is a magical and wondrous place.

Do you think about me now and then? Because I'm comin' home again, comin' home again.

(Kanye, your ego may be larger than some Pacific islands but a part of me doesn't give a damn.)


1 comment:

pooj and jess said...

Jim says: I do not release the copyright on that photo*. Please remove from collage.

*The one with Tommy in a wifebeater.

And guess what, SON?! SUMMER IS OVER.