Monday, June 23, 2008

The eagle has landed

... albeit with some minor mishaps. I may have partied a little too hard in commemoration of the end of my M1 year. I may have made a pit-stop to the airplane lavatory for a little gastric acid removal via my upper GI tract. I may have forgotten to pack my glasses. I may have written down the name of my hostel incorrectly and had to go searching for Pooja at a few Khao San Road hostels. But at least I made my flight and am now in a Bangkok internet cafe staving off a little jetlag. The same could not be said for a certain Miss Jessica Nguyen. She partied a little too hard as well and completely missed her trans-Pacific flight. She is en route now on the same itinerary, only one day later.

The Nguyen sisters are a classy duo....


On a different note, as I boarded the shuttle from the airport to Khao San, I smiled as I heard the sweet melodies of Rihanna, Usher and Leona Lewis.

Welcome to Asia.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun and eat a lot. I love bangkok, haven't really been outside except a day trip to the floating market

bmai said...

Argh...don't eat too much so ya'll can wear the stuffs I'll be lugging from the states for our "Girls Nite Out" in SG. BTW, my friend Thao is in Bangkok now and will be in SG on Friday - small world, huh?

Have tons of fun; don't ride elephants and can't wait to see you!

judo said...

what girls night out?

judo said...

Has Jess arrive? What are y'all up to these days? Must be partying pretty hard for we have not heard from
anyone in a few days. We're packing the last of our stuff and tying thing up at work.

judo said...

Just in case y'all were checking - TV and Vinh gave birth to baby girl 6.2 lbs and named her River May Pham. Everyone's doing well. And yes, she has the Pham nose :)

Jessica said...

Ant! You are missed stateside. Franny and I have devised all kinds of plans for a bodacious revival. Also, I can't find the bottoms of that suit. I'm an idiot--you shouldn't have given it to me. Hopefully they are at Jackie's with the goodies for Dan. I'd say we're the classy duo. U