Friday, June 8, 2007

Good night, sleep tight.

Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Oh wait. THEY DO!

I must have some super sweet blood because I was the most victimized one in my hostel dorm of six. I woke up with hives on my body and assumed that I'd had an allergic reaction (which wouldn't have been that uncommon). Upon further inspection and after squashing to death a few creepy crawlers, I knew that wasn't the case. I slept in my own sheets and only had my face and shoulder directly on the bed but boy, did the mother-effers feast well. Last count there were more than 130 bites. I am a sight for sore eyes. Jess can't even stand looking at me.

I guess it's a good backpacking story... but I may not sleep well until my return at the end of July.

newly insomniac,
Ant

p.s. Mom & Dad, don't worry! I was tempted not to post the pictures but couldn't resist. Just be glad it happened to me and not Jess. She would've cried (at least 10 times) but I'm fine. Just really itchy.





DAY 1


DAY 2

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ouch! it makes me itch just to see the pics!! jess told me about that yesterday. glad to see you're handling it like a champ :)

Unknown said...

Where is your computer? It hasnt arrived yet.

Tommy

Ryan said...

dayam, that looks ouch. blood-feasting insects always freaked the crap out of me when i was a kid. guess an entomologist for a dad will do that to ya. hope you heal up ok and dont encounter anymore of them.

Ryan said...

i mean "any more of them". stupid english.

Yen said...

ant .. you look HOT!

m said...

130 is outrageous! I’ll stop complaining about my 5. maybe sleep closer to jess, they'll feast on her instead. (=

Unknown said...

ewww, i love you ant, but ewww