Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Over and out, scout

And we're off!

Jess and I fly out of Houston this afternoon for Buenos Aires and arrive on Wednesday morning.

Approximate travel time of 15 hours.

All I want is: decent airline food; minimal snoring from Jess; no babies or overweight persons next to me; and to land safe and sound in Argentina rather than some island with an impenetrable magnetic force with Others, polar bears and black smoky clouds that kill inhabitating it. Yeah, lame LOST reference but big deal! I'm going to miss the season finale.

Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited. And to be honest, it's a smorgasbord of emotions: anxiety, anticipation, apprehension. (I had to come up with a 3rd 'a' adjective to maintain the alliteration...) I've been talking about doing an extended backpacking trip since I graduated in Summer 2005 and to see it actually realized, it's just surreal. I feel like I'm hopping on a plane for a trip back to Chicago rather than leaving for a different continent with no itinerary and no guaranteed housing for 58 or so days. This goes completely against my Type A, OCD nature but it'll be a grand adventure with plenty of stories...

Check back in a few days to make sure we landed safe and sound and that Jess hasn't run off with some Latin lover already.

-belligerANT & j-gun



1 comment:

Jinna said...

Please, dude, be safe. Don't lose your wallet, passport, expensive underwear, or camera. And see if you can take a picture of any and all strange hair styles. I think it'll be the start of a beautiful life practice. BE SAFE MAN.